Attenti a quei tre

Dalla Serbia con furore: Ana Ivanovic, Novak Djokovic e Jelena Jankovic...i tre giovani talenti serbi, da seguire con attenzione!

domenica 10 agosto 2008

Arriva il temuto forfait di Ana, Jelena gioca


Ana era quasi in lacrime quando si è presentata in conferenza stampa costretta ad annunciare il suo ritiro dal torneo Olimpico.

"This is the most disappointing moment in my career," said a tearful Ana. "A whole team of doctors have been helping me over the last 15 days or so but the improvement came too late. Yesterday I was able to hold my racket properly for the first time but I still have a lot of pain in my thumb. There's no way I can hit the ball.

"We did everything we could but we ran out of time. I will continue to have treatment from an osteopath and hopefully I will be ready for the U.S. Open.

"I would like to thank the medical team for their efforts, and for the many people who sent me messages of support. I'm sorry to all the people who were hoping to see me play at the Olympics, and represent my country there for the first time. It's so disappointing.

"The best way for me to get over this disappointment is to do well in New York."

Jelena invece, sebbene non in condizioni ottimali, ha annunciato che scenderà regolarmente in campo.

Nessun commento: